Wednesday 21 August 2013

Chucking Hogan

Sometimes it's okay to wear your pajamas into the fields with you brother-in-law-to-be and throw a rag doll fox in the air. 

I found hogan at a boot fair (enormous yard sale held in a field) and we've been best friends ever since. I felt sorry for him laying there alone a crooked table alongside dusty VHS tapes and half empty nail polish bottles. So of course, it was only natural that I take him away into the fields the other day to experience some airborne freedom. I swung him over my back as Mathew and I started down Cuckolds Green country lane and then up onto "Farmer Joe's" wheat fields. We made our way to a public footpath, an open area between two vast seas of green and beige and began chucking Hogan far into the sky. His rag doll body made him look as if he was doing tricks. Mathew and I laughed until we cried. On our way back to the house we began to share stories of how Hogan had "fallen from the sky" to be with me, how he'd experienced deep depression and finally found freedom through our relationship, how we'd left home and lost ourselves in the country air. 

Is freedom anything else than the right to live as we wish? Nothing else. - Epictetus

I am happy to do things that hardly make sense to others for my own wellbeing.
I am happy to finally feel free. 

No comments :